“I can’t believe she would step on the only toes she had in the house.” – Pauly D on Angelina
Jersey Shore Season 2 Rankings: where did “Creepin’” rank?
Jersey Shore’s “Creepin’” came in as the #7 ranked episode of Jersey Shore’s second season. Find more Jersey Shore rankings here.
Here’s why “Creepin’” was ranked as the #7 episode of Jersey Shore’s second wild season.
CATEGORY – TV
SHOW – Jersey Shore
NETWORK/STREAMING SERVICE – MTV
GENRE – Reality TV, Drama, Comedy, Trashtastic TV
EPISODE – “Creepin’”
BEING RANKED FOR – Jersey Shore Season 2
RANK – #7 of Jersey Shore’s second season
Jersey Shore, “Creepin’” (S0203) review
It takes mere seconds before I’m reminded again why Jersey Shore is one of the most entertaining shows on television (yeah, I went there). Everyone – or almost everyone – has been around people in their lives, and typically during the college or just post-college years, that become so incoherently drunk and/or belligerent that they easily spit out massive and earth-shattering contradictory statements without having any idea of what they’re saying.
Such is the case with Angelina in the opening moments of this week’s episode, following a night of tagging along with Pauly D and Mike The Situation on a typical night of creeping (i.e. making advances of a romantic nature upon the ladies of the vicinity). She’s drunk, she’s wearing her sunglasses at night, and she proceeds to slap Pauly D in the face, likely due to jealousy stemming from said creeping. Yet only seconds later, she completely denies the incident and has the perfect liar’s game face because she literally doesn’t know what just happened. The astonished, bug eyed look on The Situation’s face is priceless.
Bonus classic exchanges:
- “Are you delusional?” – Pauly D
- “Are YOU delusional?” – Angelina
- “You hooked up with a girl I was with all night!” – Angelina
- “None of your business!” – Pauly D
- “I don’t care what you guys do!” – Angelina
- “Obviously you do! ” – Pauly D<
The next morning, Angelina pleads ignorance (of course), and her quasi-apology and response from Pauly D are nearly as entertaining. Pauly D, for his part, gives a nearly lawyerly explanation of creeping, ending with, “Have fun, but unfortunately your fun conflicts with our fun.”
Later, The Situation takes it upon himself to patch things up, with the not-so-subtle motive of off-loading Angelina on the girls. “She’s not gonna do a GTL and then go to the haircut,” he observes of her inability to fit in with the fellas. This struck me, this use of GTL in a sentence. GTL, of course, stands for Gym Tanning Laundry, already an iconic acronym spun out of the Jersey Shore franchise. But the use of GTL in conjunction with haircuts struck me as I have considered – and, yes, I have spent time thinking about Jersey Shore and its cultural mores “offline” – that hair is a fundamental part of the boys’ regimen as well. GTLH just doesn’t work as well in everyday conversation, I suppose, or more likely haircuts are more of a weekly thing so it would be an even more awkward GTL(H), which reminds of a chemical compound of some sort. But I digress. Eventually, a plea bargain agreement was reached between Angelina and the girls for “talking shit,” and all appeared to be well and harmonious for the time being.
And in other J Shore news, the continuing rollercoaster ride of a relationship between Ronnie and Sammi hit new high highs and low lows within a solid 30 second span. Sammi went gushy in a voiceover about “how good it’s going with Ronnie and me,” only to run up into a club scene where Ronnie became more inebriated and crazy than our resident “sweetheart” would have liked. Soon Ronnie was pleading for Sammi to leave the club without him, and added the rejoinder of, “You’re a f—ing bitch!” Ah, a love affair for the reality TV ages continues. The tragi-hilarity continued as Ronnie proceeded to get sloppy drunk, creep on a young lady of Cuban background, contend with Snooki’s ill-fated pleas for him to “find a line,” push Snooki in annoyance to her pleas, and then, as The Situation helpfully points out, returns home to crawl into bed with Sammi for the second time under similar circumstances.
So it goes that the boys continue to creep and the girls continue to ruminate over whether or not to tell Sammi about Ronnie’s transgressions. As we hit the end of the episode, Ronnie leaves Sammi at home yet again to go on a creeping expedition. Oh, the suspense to wait to see what transpires next week!
More thoughts on “Creepin'”:
- “I can’t believe she would step on the only toes she had in the house.” – Pauly D on Angelina
- “You gonna be the king of the sandwich.” – Gelato shop owner Enzo on Vinny’s sandwich artistry
- Is it just me or do Pauly D’s back tattoos remind you of Robert DeNiro’s creepy shirtless look in Cape Fear?
- “They’re letting the pigeons go right now.” – Ronnie, on being deep into a Miami “hood” in hunt of a barber shop with Vinny. This is probably the funniest thing we’ve heard from Ronnie of ever.
- “Snooki is rocking the old Snook look.” – Vinny
- “Jenni, you forgot your shirt.” – Vinny, who is suddenly spouting off killer one-liners himself
- “Ronnie was sloppy as hell.” – The Situation
- “Did I bang Snooki last night? Did I do the unthinkable?” – Vinny
- Have to love that the boys device that their first names (Mike, Vinny, Pauly) spell out MVP, so of course MVP night is declared.
- “I might bust out the red joints! That’s how you know it’s gonna be a good night.”— Pauly D (red joints being sneakers in this case)
- “Do you know we’re in the midst of grenades right now? Do you know we’re at the zoo?” – The Situation, on realizing that he had accidentally and drunkenly creeped/brought home young ladies of a less desirable quality than he had expected.
Jersey Shore, “Creepin’”: episode and cast info
Air date – October 7, 2010
Paul “Pauly D” DelVecchio – Self
Jenni “JWoww” Farley – Self
Sammi “Sweetheart” – Self
Vinny Guagagino (later known as “Keto Guido”) – Self
Ronnie Margo – Self (as Ronnie Ortiz-Margo)
Angelina Pivarnick – Self
Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi – Self
Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino (later known as “Big Daddy Sitch” – Self