“Once again, one step forward, two step backs.“ – Ron
Jersey Shore Season 3 Rankings: where did “Should We Just Break Up?” rank?
Jersey Shore’s “Should We Just Break Up?” is the #7 ranked episode of Jersey Shore’s third season. Find more Jersey Shore rankings here.
Here’s why “Should We Just Break Up?” was ranked as the #7 episode of Jersey Shore’s third crazy season.
CATEGORY – TV
SHOW – Jersey Shore
NETWORK/STREAMING SERVICE – MTV
GENRE – Reality TV, Drama, Comedy, Trashtastic TV
EPISODE – “Should We Just Break Up?”
BEING RANKED FOR – Jersey Shore Season 3
RANK – #7 of Jersey Shore’s third season
Jersey Shore, “Should We Just Break Up?” (S0306) review
The first thing I thought while watching the opening moments of this edition of Ron and Sammi’s Wacky Fun Time Dysfunctional Saga of Lamentation and Woe… oh, I mean Jersey Shore, sorry, is, Can Ron and Sammi really be going at it again after the insane drama that went on last week piled on top of the cataclysmic drama that has gone on between these two during the thirty some-odd episodes that we’ve known them?
Let me answer my own question, if I may. In short, that would be a big whopping stinking yes.
But first, we were forced to endure such antics as Ron bleeding… well, bleeding when he goes to the bathroom (a rather crass phrase comes to mind that I thought I would only associate with an old South Park soundtrack, from the song “Horny Horny Horny” if anyone’s familiar) after yet another night of rageaholic drinking. Ron later explains that the doc said that his drinking is affecting his “a–hole” and that he needs to “control his drinking.” We shall wait with bated breath to see what happens next on both of those relative fronts. Ironically, during another point in the episode in which Ronnie and Sam and are once again going at it, Ron complains, “What don’t I do for Sam beside wipe her ass for her and breathe for her?”
There are a number of other sub-plots going on as well. Snooki hooks up with a seeming guido juicehead of her dreams only to dump him quickly when it turns out he once had the audacity to have a fiance, Deena hooks up with a hometown friend of Ron’s and declares that, “It’s not Halloween. I’m not handing out this candy for free,” but then seemingly does relent to the guy’s trick or treat entreaties, the girls visit a sex store, general goofing around at Karma and the t-shirt shop – but really all else falls under the increasingly dark and twisted drama going on within the House of Ron/Sam.
Something that drives me batty in real life yet fascinates me is when people contradict themselves fully and totally yet seem to have no realization of this. Case in point: when Ron precipitates a new round of breaking up with Sammi – albeit the 50th or so – but then seemingly turns it around to believe that Sammi is breaking up with him. Let’s face it: there are dozens, nay, hundreds of reasons why either should break up with the other, but it’s sort of revealing about Ron and human nature perhaps that he seems genuinely surprised when Sam takes his blatherings about breaking up seriously. Or perhaps he’s just a guy that while having enormous muscles doesn’t have the self-confidence that his words are taken to heart. Or perhaps I’m reading into this aspect of Jersey Shore way too much.
In any event, the perfect moment to capture the mood of the episode comes when Sam and Ron are in the midst of fighting (like always) while the boys are downstairs waiting to head out. The squabbling is super audible downstairs with accusations and shouts of “you want to just break up?” and “you selfish b—-,” etc. Here’s what follows:
- “Is hell just like this?” – A miserable looking Vinnie
- “Yeah.” – An equally miserable looking Situation
From a pacing and reality show editing standpoint, I’d think that the Jersey Shore production crew must be aware that the Sam/Ron drama can only go on so long and we’re starting to feel a little like Vinnie and Sitch. As previews have been teasing all season, I think we’re looking at a conclusion to this fairly soon, and a departure of a cast member from the show (which would be only the second, figuring Angelina’s multiple exits as the first).
More thoughts on this week’s installment of Jersey Shore:
- “Once again, one step forward, two step backs.” – Ron
- “I got like Situation pajamas for real.” – The Situation to a potentially DTF young lady. What’s with The Situation’s infatuation with giving his hook ups-to-be pajamas? Am I crazy or is there more to it than it merely being a tool to lure ‘em back to his lair?
- “I’ve dranken a lot more than I’ve drunk tonight.” – Drunk Ronnie to Sammi
- I’m not sure if Snooki passing out in the dog pen all night is hilarious, scary, or both.
- “Why is Ronnie bleeding out of his ass? I have no idea.” – Sammi
- “I hate when girls say they never masturbate.” – Deena
- There’s something about the little sewing/smoking circle (members: Snooki and Deena) discussing how they would “totally make out with” Pauly D that is hilarious.
- Does the gang get balloons and confetti when they arrive at Karma in Seaside Heights for the 1,000th time or what?
- “I hate the ocean. Yeah, it’s all whale sperm.” – Snooki
- The voice message gag that Pauly D pulls off on Snooki’s one nighter is one part idiocy and twelve parts amazing in my book.
- “I got a boner.” – Snooki to Jenni at the sex store
- The job (everyone works at a Seaside Heights t-shirt shop) has gone from a gimmick in Season One to an all-out joke in this latter part of Season Two. Beyond the Free Snooki product placement tie-in, it’s mostly a construct to allow members of the house to gossip and cavort apart from the others.
- “You’re the fakest in the house.” – Ron to Sammi
Jersey Shore, “Should We Just Break Up?”: episode and cast info
Air date – February 3, 2011
Paul “Pauly D” DelVecchio – Self
Jenni “JWoww” Farley – Self
Sammi “Sweetheart” – Self
Vinny Guagagino (later known as “Keto Guido”) – Self
Ronnie Margo – Self (as Ronnie Ortiz-Margo)
Angelina Pivarnick – Self
Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi – Self
Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino (later known as “Big Daddy Sitch” – Self